20 YEARS & GROWING
Your support makes all our progress possible. Our shared belief in the potential of children and youth is at the heart of everything we do. They just need access to quality education. It’s really that simple.
This November, we need to raise at least $150,000 to jump-start fundraising for the first year of our new five-year strategic plan. Here’s just some of what’s on the docket:
- Build nine units of teacher housing at Busore and Kurusanga Primary Schools ($10,000/unit) - 1 unit underwritten
- Launch Year 3 of Tenda Teachers and reach 64 new teachers at 8 schools ($12,800)
- Hire an additional Counselor for the Sponsorship Program ($8,000)
- Build Food Storage and Kitchen Facilities at the four Model Schools ($6,000/school) - initiative underwritten
- Develop new teacher training videos for Tenda Teachers ($3,000)
- Provide Leadership Training to school and community stakeholders ($2,000/school) - 2 schools underwritten
- Conduct four Girls Empowerment Camps ($700/camp) - initiative underwritten
- Provide textbooks to 21 primary school classrooms ($650/classroom)
- Expand the 2-year Apprenticeship Program ($300/year for 12 additional students)
Donations to the General Fund will support these and other initiatives broadly. If you are interested in underwriting a specific effort, please contact Brian Singer, Executive Director by emailing BSinger@ProjectZawadi.org.
General Fund Giving:
Giving to the General Fund on a one-time or recurring basis supports Project Zawadi's efforts in partnership with local communities, teachers, and schools to foster quality and relevant education experiences through the Tenda Teachers and Model Schools programs.
The Tenda Teachers program addresses the gap in training and professional development for teachers both in the Nyamsuwa area and nationally in Tanzania. The program offers teacher training resources, English language student workshops, and partnership opportunities among non-governmental organizations to support teachers and schools in Tanzania.
The Model Schools program has been directed by an intensive community and school planning initiative, Project Zawadi program resources will be more intensively integrated into a school. Working in partnership, Model Schools will support the vision the community has for a model, high-quality educational institution for their children. Each Model School site is slated to undergo this holistic transformation over a multi-year period.
Project Zawadi makes a long-term commitment to our students, thus we also ask sponsors to commit to support their student(s) for multiple years. Sponsorship is just $240/year (or $20/month for monthly donors). In photos and letters you will be able to see your support make real changes in the life of your sponsored student(s).
Sponsored students at the primary level receive the following standard resources to support their education:
- 2 sets of school uniforms
- 2 pairs of shoes
- 1 set of textbooks for their grade level
- 10 notebooks, 10 pencils & 10 pens
- 1 book bag
- 1 solar-powered lantern (Standard 6 and above)
- 1 reusable menstrual kit (girls, Standard 6 and above)
- All applicable school and exam fees
As students advance through their education into the secondary, tertiary or vocation levels, Project Zawadi ensures that the resources needed to attend school are properly met.
* Please select the $240 donation amount to sponsor one student for one year. You may set that as recurring annually. If you wish to do a monthly or quarterly donation, please enter the custom amount in the blank field and set your donation frequency accordingly.
Do you want to give to the General Fund and Sponsor a student? Please select the "Student Sponsorship and General Fund" designation and we will follow up with you to confirm the allocation of your gift. Thank you for your generosity.
ALTERNATE GIVING METHODS
- DONATE BY MAIL: Send a check made out to "Project Zawadi" to 253 Duke Street, Saint Paul, MN 55102. The Project Zawadi Mail In Donation Form can be printed out to accompany your check.
- MAKE A STOCK DONATION: If you wish to make a gift of stock, please follow this link for details: Making a Gift of Stock to Project Zawadi. Important: Please notify Project Zawadi that a stock donation is forthcoming by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BECOME A LEGACY CIRCLE DONOR: The Legacy Circle is for supporters that have made a provision in their estate plans to support Project Zawadi’s mission long into the future. Click here for the Legacy Circle Commitment Form.
- PROJECT ZAWADI IS A THRIVENT CHOICE ORGANIZATION! Click here for Thrivent's online catalog and initiate your donation today.
JOIN OUR VIRTUAL CELEBRATION ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 19 @ 9 AM (Central USA).
Do you want to create an online giving campaign to support the work of Project Zawadi? Click here to learn more about our "Progress through Partnerships" initiative. Questions? Contact Brianna Darling at email@example.com.